Monday, December 31, 2012

FINALLY FINISHED!!!!

After finishing the recordings, what two days ago.... I set out on a goal. As a non-union voice actor, the money stream has kind of forced me into sublet situations because let's face it, it's not steady work, it's at best freelance. So, signing leases ain't in my future. Unfortunately, I have to move out on January 1st. Being my first NYE in NyC I kind of thought that it wasn't going to happen solely on the moving fact. Combine that with this audiobook which I have to get done by January 1st. (mostly on principle not so much on deadline) I wasn't going to do anything NYE.

Today, the day before NYE, I just went on an editing rampage, managing to edit together the ENTIRE remainder of the book, probably 14 chapters worth, in 1 day.

There are a couple of cons to this.

1) BURNOUT: Right now, I dont wanna touch another audiobook for at least a few weeks.
2) FLUBS: There may be a few pickups needed to redo. Brain may have fried.

PROS which I obviously subliminal understood as priority.

1) NYE dont have to work.
2) I can move on NYE without any problems.
3) No stress for NYE and New Years day. Only have to move.
4) Happier me.

This was a real feat for me. I think you learn something when you challenge yourself. My big learning thing, is that I will only do this job for 2x the money from NOW on.

But, this was a trilogy, so in a way I feel great for doing it. It's kind of everything I wanted to do as a voice actor. The LOTR for young adults. Weird accents, arrows, staffs, magic, kingdoms and monsters made of emerald. LOVE IT!!!! and DONE!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment