Monday, December 24, 2012

A Long Christmas EVE Part 1?

Aside from that last post, here I am on Christmas Midnight. Getting ready to do another voiceover run.

Today was ridiculously productive.  I recorded up to Chapter 9 of my procrastinated audiobook. Unfortunately, I've only edited 2 chapters. Unfortunately, I don't have the luxury of punch and roll technology so I have to do the old fashioned way, just listening and editing out the problems.

So, I recorded about 3 and a half chapters. Plus, since I'm a night owl, I have about 4 more hours to do a few more chapters.

I also had a few revisions to do on my weekend jobs. The first few were obvious my bads. But, I got them all done, one of the problems was with a voice mail, I said"If you wish to reach your party dial their extension at anytime", but the script said "If you wish to reach your party dial their extension destination at anytime".

That's kind of the deal with non-union scripts some of them are downright weird. The author had a few problems with past tense as well. Luckily, those weren't revised.

Also, I had finished an audiobook awhile back and posted the pickups for the publishing company. Then the client said, if you think you can input the pickups yourself we'll pay you more. Mind you I sent these pickups a week ago, so I thought they had at least gotten started. Anways, I say "Yea, I'd love to do my pickups", thinking it was for future books. Then I get an email saying, can you get those done by Wednesday.

Luckily doing pickups in the Editing your own audio HELL, is pretty easy. It's just the uploading that's the problem. There are 25 chapters and each takes an hour to upload. Just a pain, but it's extra cash. I needs it. It's my lot in life. It ain't a lot but its my life. hehe.  I'll probably post a part 2 of this to see if my productivity goes through the roof tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment