Wednesday, December 19, 2012

12-18-2012 Audiobook back and Videogame done

Today I had a few jobs to do. Audition/Do a VideoGame job and start this bloody audiobook.

I woke up late as always, tis the life of a non-union vo artist. Anywho, my timing is horrible, sometimes I have to record in between blasting tv shows and violin music but i get by.

I went ahead and did a videogame v-o. Nothing big, probably a point and click. My impression of videogame v-o is kind of like being on the edge of cartoon. So, You have to be a little on edge. If there's an exclamation point bring it home. I realized I put a lot of breathing into it but the character seemed like he was in fear and desperation mode so you just give it that love. As far as my last project, haven't gotten an email of changes.

Usually with clients (voices and v123), I've found a few important things.
1) They want it quick and will give you that deadline quick. "Could we get it by tomorrow".
2) They won't email you back when they get it.
3) They may forget to send the check.

I've actually been emailing and calling a guy I did 2 jobs for. I may be out 300 from this. I have v123 on the case. But, this is the caveat of V123, this may happen. Though this is the first I've seen of this and I've been 3 years in.

Anyways, I finish the game voices and do the auditions but I forget to edit and send them out. About 5 hours later I get around to it. Eck!! The thing about voices.com is that you really wanna get into the top 30, 50-70 are maybes. Over 100, you're just praying.

Late at night, I say lets do this. I get onto the Circle Of Sorcerer's book and 2 chapters are recorded. The good thing about recording audiobooks is that the recording is separate from the editing, tomorrow when there's noise I'll edit the two. But, I finally got the ball rolling.

While reading the audiobook, I felt really smooth. I think I feel kind of in a groove with audiobooks. If you are flubbing audiobooks, SLOW down, take that second to look forward in the sentence. Take those breaths. You'll do awesome.

Hopefully I can keep this up!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment