Saturday, December 15, 2012

Day One December 15, 2012.

I got home after some improv training today thinking. GOTTA DO SOME AUDITIONS.

Voices.com and Voice123 are my audition sites. That's where I make money on a weekly basis. Problem is, it's a rat race. Get to em first and your chances are better than getting to em later.

These tonight, are late auditions.

Ya gotta kind of time it right. I have a roommate, whose a great guy but late night is the best time for V/o, no noise, nothing.

11:15pm, 12 auditions done and sent off.

I did audiowork for this one law firm thing and they told me that their numbers were off so I had to basically redo a portion of the script. This happens. Non-union jobs are from everywhere so the english isn't great. I made sure to tell them that if they have any other rewrites it would cost extra.

Remember that, you can only give so much. As non-union talent, you aren't pushovers.

Anyway, I finished that. Now, I'm just waiting to take on the monster. A 5 page training document that I hope to get done tonight to free up tomorrow. Also from Voices.com. It's a good paying job, will take care of half my rent. And I can definitely get it done in a night. So, I'm stoked.

On the horizon, Circle Of Sorcerers Audiobook #3, a project I signed on for last month and I have been lazy and haven't worked on it because another audiobook jumped in the middle. It's basically the smallest amount of money I'd be willing to take but I'll do it because it keeps me in NYC where I love to be.

Problem is, I'm procrastinating. Audiobooks, when you produce them yourself. TAKE FOREVER. I wouldn't say it's minimum wage but it takes awhile. I have to get it done in 2 weeks. 200 pages. Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment