Monday, December 24, 2012

12-24-12 Another Late Night

Considering the possibility of the end of the world combined with holiday parties and improv shows and friends leaving for other states. I pretty much took a few days off. I believe it was like thu-sunday. Luckily, during that time some jobs happened.

Thursday, i got a message for a Organic food commercial thing, asking if they gave me the job could I do both commercials. Once again, on the cheap but I was fine. At the minimum for voices, its $100. Gotta pay rent. Cant make money by saying no. She also wanted it by Friday, i think, so it had to be done now.

The other job I got was from Voice123, it's kind of a chicken shoot about getting paid but so far I've only been stiffed once. Worth it because I've gotten LOTS of jobs there. So anyway this is for a radio commercial for a gym. They ask for me to match the same inflection as their guy.

For this problem, I record the audio of the video with my phone. Iphone has a good app for that.  Then I play it near my microphone as I record. Sentence by sentence repeating. It's simple and easy.

Unfortunately, the tendency of most clients to know exactly how they want something to sound. The more detailed, the more possibility they won't like it. I usually end up just doing it my way and they just say, that's better. But, give em what they want first.

I spent an extra late night doing the recording of those two parts. Then I started my weekend of fun.

On friday of my fun weekend, I got a call from a guy from voices saying he wanted me for a corporate audiobook and a voicemail. Wanted me to call him. ALWAYS call back asap. If they haven't awarded the job, get them on the phone. He basically wanted to know how fast i could get it done. I said Sunday night. He says that multiple jobs will come my way because of this. I've heard that a lot before. But, who knows? may happen.

So, here i am exhausted at 5am on Monday (christmas eve) just finished uploading the Corporate audiobook, uploaded the gym commercial, uploaded that organic one like on Friday. Now, I'm just waiting for the guy to give me the vmail job so I can upload that as well.

Also, I am now 2 chapters behind on my audiobook. ARGH!!! Luckily I have christmas and what not. 

No comments:

Post a Comment