Monday, December 24, 2012

Dealing with The Voice123 problem client

There is a client that I worked for with Voice 123 that assigned me a job on October 18th and I did it within 2-3 days. A month later, I ask where's the payment. He responds. I've actually got some more videos for you to narrate but I need them done tomorrow, can you just invoice me for both. After putting the files up and sending invoices on November 18th. He proceeds to drop off of the planet.

I send emails on Dec 3rd, December 5th, December 15th, I make a call to his company leave a message. NOTHING!!! NOTHING at all.

I make a ticket to Voice123, not much else I can do.

It's now Christmas eve and I go on youtube and there is my voice. So I comment, saying contact me asap, you are using my voice without paying for it.

ALAS!!! An email comes in toothsweet, talking about how unprofessional I am.

This is what is going to happen as a Non-Union artist. I may be getting screwed over. That's why V123 is so much of a wildcard and Voices.com is MUCH BETTER.  I'm not going through an agent so I am definitely vulnerable.

If this guys pays me or responds to me within two days, then I wont post. But, if he doesn't, I will respond, I will most certainly put up the company name on my blog.

I just really hate this situation. It's so cheap a job. They are paying a tiny amount in comparison to represented V-O artists. I've trained with NYC casting directors. I'm with a union agency, but I haven't turned union. You're getting a great product, don't try and screw another person over. Especially, when they are as poor as I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment