Thursday, December 20, 2012

12-19-12 A Late Night

Ended up getting home pretty late and procrastinated a bit.

I know I need to average 2 chapters a day to get my audiobook done. So far, I've just recorded 2 chapters not edited. So, I get down to late night and say "I Gotta get some chapters done." I get chapter 3 done. It feels good, I think you get into a groove with audiobooks, where you feel like you can go paragraphs without a problem. The only thing that slows you is your voice or if you start getting tired.

Two things suck for audiobooks. Tired and Congestion. Tired comes in two places Morning and Night. Though I'd love to do audiobooks all night. It usually is limited to once I get tired. If you get drowsy, you may lose sentences, characters and just start stuttering. I've had it happen, your brain literally explodes.

So I finish chapter 3, but deep down I think I must do my auditions. A non-union vo who doesn't keep all the v123 and voices audition slate entirely empty is someone who is choosing not to work.

It sucks but you have to audition all the time. The money is there if you keep auditioning. I don't know how many times an audiobook has just pulled me out of auditioning and it kind of killed me. Not only are audiobooks hard and not very lucrative, they take the vo life out of you and you end up not wanting to audition.

Anyway, so I did one chapter and what looked like maybe 13 auditions. We'll see. My turnaround is pretty good, I'd say I get one out of 15 jobs. Usually the cheap ends but occasionally I pull a big one. We shall see. Fingers crossed.


No comments:

Post a Comment