Sunday, April 14, 2013

Back in CA: Setting Goals and Getting Going

Hey Everyone,

I was on a bit of a roller coaster ride (if you're looking at my improv in NYC blog, you'll know why). Anywho, I've made the move back CA, temporarily. I may move back to NYC in July because my sublet may open up. If not, I'll be here for a bit longer.

I have a few goals in mind while I'm here. Make as much money as possible with Non-Union voice over and start a system that I can easily use going back to NYC. The first thing to do is make a list of things to do on a daily basis. Here we go.

1) Audition AWAY (Voices.com-Voice123-Voicebunny-ACX) I should do as many auditions as I can. ACX is on the list because audiobooks I can definitely do. The Stipend option brings a lot of books to $100 an hour plus royalties. It's worth looking into. And I AM!!!

2) Weekend Workout with VoiceRegistry and Script Contest with EdgeStudio. (These are free conteses (voiceregistry is a 10 a month charge with many benefits)  you get heard by agents and Edge studio get's you a great discount on classes should you choose to take them (all online)

3) Work on a Client List: I've had so much work over the past years, it's time to make a list that I can easily turn into an email newsletter. I could use that list to contact them maybe get a link to my video or a recommendation on my work. Who KNOWS!!!

4) Do a new website. I know Website after website. But, I have to have a streamlined website SOLELY for getting voice jobs. It should be simple and easy to understand.

5) BLOG: It's the journal of the future. I know what I'm doing and it's help me do it. It's also containing the VICTORIes of the day which is GREAT!!!

6) Find other V/O Sites. I could sign up for as many as possible. I can only do memberships with so many but I can definitely do it.

7)Read an Article on VO. There is always something out there to help me get it going. I need to inspire myself.


CHECKLIST
1) Done (multiple ACX)
2) Done and Done
3) Did 4 clients on a spreadsheet
4) Not Done
5) This is my blog
6) Found Piehole, considering making the payment to use it.
7) Read an article about Piehole, may do it.

Here we go. DAY ONE STARTS NOW!!

No comments:

Post a Comment