Sunday, September 21, 2014

How do I Market Myself? The 3 Month Challenge

Hey Everyone,

I've started a marketing challenge for myself. I'm hoping that it'll pay off in the end.

Some people have said, "You have to market directly to whoever wants your service, create niche, and fulfill people's needs".

Well, that is all amazing, but that leaves me more clueless than ever. I do LOTS of different voice overs and I don't feel like cold calling all the time or picking random companies and kind of manipulating my way to someone who can give me a job.

Plus, I have no idea where to start or what to do. So, I've decided to do what I've normally been doing just publicly put everything out there. Make an online presence.

Here's my Challenge: 3 Months (end of the year)

1) Create a contact list of all jobs I've completed and do the following.

  • Contact each individual thanking them personally and asking if they'd like me to link their video to my site for publicity and give them my email for future jobs.
  • Note each interactions date, so as to re-initiate contact every three months or so.
  • GOAL: 25 contacts put into a database and contacts per week (more is better)


2) Create a facebook professional page

  • Post my facebook page to all voices.com, v123 sites
  • Post on a daily basis of found videos or jobs gotten. 
Like this video, I found today.

Kick Brands Reaches Soccer Fans with The Trade Desk from The Trade Desk on Vimeo.


3) Twitter and tweet.
  • Tweet once a day about jobs gained or videos found
4) Really update that LinkedIn Account
  • Coinciding with the contact list. Connect with every client and post every job I can to my profile.
  • GOAL: 25 job postings and Contact connections attempted per week (more is better)
5) Update my Website Twice a Week
6) Blog 3 Times a week

***Blogging creates contacts and give you a social presence. I'm hoping this will work out****


I have these items posted on my wall right behind my computer. I hope that this will just get me into a system of marketing from the pool I have. 

This is an experiment at best. But, if any of these get me in contact with more people for work or reinitiate contact with older employers for jobs, then it'll be worth it. We shall see. 



No comments:

Post a Comment