Monday, October 21, 2013

What to do when asked to Re-audition in either voices.com or v123?

Sometimes in Voices or V123 you're going to be directly contacted to re-audition, sometimes it's to do the entire audition, sometimes it's to audition for different parts.

Voices and V123 has a rule, (or unless they changed it without me knowing) where you can only audition once, which makes sense. We all get one shot, not as many as we can. But, occasionally people reach out for that extra.

I use dropbox for all these reauditions. Here's the rub, I'm not saying you will always get screwed but there is a possibility. The great thing about v123 and voices is that they have a way of getting the audition to the client without them having a hard copy. Dropbox, you lose that. However, with voices, they already paid so I figure the chances are slim. With V123, there is no way to tell. I'm a little leary about re-auditioning.

On the other hand, if you think of it as a necessary loss and that the gain is much more of a reward, then I would say DO IT. Today, I got a request to do another character in the job, you can do two things. Contact voices for an actual reaudition, usually voices is spot on about this and can do it quick. I'm more of a get it done kind of guy so I send the dropbox link. 10 minutes later, got the job. 

Think of it this way, a client who contacts you LIKES you, so make it a priority if you are new to VO to get them what they need. 

The only bad clients I've had were through voice123, it was just because the guy had never done the stuff before and couldn't pay until he got paid, which is a flaw of 123. I had kind of a weird client through voices where they had a system of how they did things and they reached out to voices and then they just had horribly marked script and they didn't clarify which was which as far as what I would read. It was just a WHOLE mess. But, I digress. The fact is, 99.9 percent of clients want to get the job done right, If someone reaches out to you even to thank you for auditioning, take it as a notice that you are a good VO actor.

Go get em all!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment