Tuesday, August 1, 2017

An Interesting Note About Pay To Play Sites

As of recently, I checked out a video of a guy ranting about pay-2-play sites. This happens pretty consistently from the perspective of a successful "union" vo.

It's similar to an NFL player putting up a rant to all the NCAA players telling them to get drafted now. A few golden children will take the advice and do well. A large amount will fail. And the rest of us, will probably use p2p sites because even though it inserts a middle man, it takes out the marketing aspect of running a small business.

Once the video went up, there were facebook responses. The author actually responded with something to the tune of, "This is mostly aimed at union talent who are subsidizing their income using p2p sites, against the union rules"

If this is the case, THEN THIS GUY NEEDS TO SPEAK UP! A non-union VO has every right to use every avenue to forge their way. Non-union takes a large amount of flack for just existing. Every "pro" spews their hatred of how we make money. But, I have NEVER EVER seen an article or a video telling fellow UNION actors to stop taking these p2p jobs. It's always the site to blame.

Well, unfortunately, I will utilize p2p sites as long as they send me auditions.

I have decided that I will only do jobs of a certain amount, BUT I will still use it.

I've thought about started an Non-union VO facebook group.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete